I know I said it wasn't Christmas without an apple pie... but really Pumpkin Pie holds the whole season of Fall. People go crazy with Pumpkin... so don't fret, you no longer have to skip the pumpkin pie with this healthier version now in your back pocket.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs, from 9 crackers
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup well-stirred coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whipped cream, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, stir graham cracker crumbs, sugar and oil until evenly moistened (mixture will be dry). Press in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
2. In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin, coconut milk, eggs, brown sugar, salt and spices. Pour into crust and smooth the top. Bake until set, except in center, and crust is brown, 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Slice; top with a small dollop of whipped cream (about 1 Tbsp.), if desired.
Recipe from: Health.com