Brownies..... the ultimate female weakness! Try this simple recipe with nearly HALF the sugar of regular brownies. Still a delicious treat.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 teaspoons 1% low-fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly coat an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter with chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove pan from heat, and stir in sour cream, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until well-combined. Stir in flour, salt, and chocolate chips.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake in middle of oven until a toothpick comes out clean (about 35 minutes).
4. Cool brownies in a pan; cut into 16 squares. Melt butterscotch chips in a small pan over low heat, stirring (about 4 minutes). Add milk, and whisk until smooth. Pour butterscotch into a ziptop plastic bag; snip end off one of the bottom corners. Stack brownies (2-4 in each stack); drizzle each stack with butterscotch.
Recipe from: Health.com