Ok, now thats what I call fruit. GET IN MY BELLY! anything with cinnamon and cranberries says holidays right, so why not add those to some fruit... it has to be healthy right? And it really is QUICK, so when you try to reach for that bucket of brownies, whip up some of these bad boys instead.
- 2 large Bosc pears
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried mixed fruit (such as Sun-Maid Fruit Bits)
- 1/4 cup low-fat granola
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt, divided into 4 small scoops
1. Peel pears; cut in half lengthwise. Use a melon baller or grapefruit spoon to remove core and seeds, creating a hollow.
2. Place pear halves, with cut sides up, in a glass pie plate. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over pears.
3. Combine cranberries and granola; mound into hollows of the pear halves. Pour the apple juice in and around pear halves. Cover dish loosely with wax paper.
4. Cook in microwave on HIGH 6-8 minutes or until the pears are tender when pierced with a knife. Let stand in the dish 5 minutes. Use a large slotted spoon to transfer the pears to serving plates.
5. Drizzle juices from pie plate over pears and serve with frozen yogurt.
Recipe From: Health.com