A new twist to Taco Night!
Ya'll I am obsessed with tacos... like I could eat them every night! This recipe has the best of both worlds! I get my kick from the taco turkey meat and that punch of freshness from the zucchini!
This meal is even husband and kid approved! It's really a win - win!
- 4 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sae salt
- 4 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- chopped cilantro or green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place 1/4 cup salsa in the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Hollow out the center of the zuchinni halves with a spoon, leaving a 1/4-1/2 thick shell.
- Chopped the scooped out zucchini flesh and save 1/2 cup to add to taco filling. Squeeze out excess water with a paper towel. Discard the remaining (or save for a snack).
- Brown turkey in a large skillet, breaking it up as it cooks. when it's no longer pink, add the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, oregano and salt. Mix well.
- Add the reserved zucchini, tomato sauce, salsa and water. Stir and simmer on low for 15 min.
- Using a spoon, fill the hollowed zucchini boats, dividing the meat evenly and pressing firmly. Top each with 1 tbsp. shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes, until cheese is melted and zucchini is cooked through. Top with cilantro or green onions if desired.