I have NEVER been a breakfast person, mostly because I don't really wake up until about 10AM even when I am up at 4:30 on work days.
And we have an EXCESS of farm fresh eggs from our chickens because I always forget to cook eggs! And I know what a commodity it is to have fresh eggs, so I need to be better at using them more effectively in our diet. So look forward to more egg ideas in the future!
The only way for me to eat a healthy breakfast is if I plan it ahead of time.
I kind of just threw this together as I went, but I have my whole weeks breakfast ready to go and grab on my way out the door at 6 AM.
- 10 eggs
- 1 Lb lean turkey sausage
- 1/2 Cup Pico de gallo or salsa
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk eggs and put them in a skillet, add spices and scramble the eggs.
- Cook turkey sausage in a separate pan until brown.
- When eggs and sauasage are done, combine in one pan and mix together.
- Add Spinach and Pico to mix, place a lid on it and cook another 5-7 min on low heat.
I then use my handy 21 day fix portion containers and measured out my portions for each day.
All ready for Monday!!!