A delicious spin on Lasagna, sure to please the whole family.
- 2 Lbs Zucchini
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups chopped portobello mushrooms
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1 24-26 oz jar chunky style pasta sauce
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 15 oz container fat free ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat broiler. Trim ends off zucchini. Cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices. Lightly coat both sides of slices with cooking spray; place half the slices single layer on a wire rack set on a large baking sheet. Broil 5-6 inches from heat 12-14 min or until lightly browned, turning once. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices. Reduce oven temp to 375 degrees.
- In large skillet cook turkey, mushrooms and garlic until meat is browned. Remove from heat. Stir in the next 5 ingredients into skillet. In a bowl combine egg and ricotta cheese.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a 13x9 in baking dish. Top with zucchini slices to cover. Spoon half the ricotta mixture on zucchini and spread lightly. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Top with half the remaining sauce and repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered 20 min. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 min or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 min before serving.